Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time To Face The Music

Loyal KEIT groupies deserve an apology: I have not been delivering as a record producer this year, and I am sorry. It has been a rough month personally, and my response has been to drink too much, eat too much, and watch a lot of "House" reruns. I have neglected the tracks; I have neglected my GarageBand studies; I have neglected the blog. I have utterly failed to rally in the face of adversity.

I will say this: I have kept the band well-fed and -watered. It is possible that this is the only reason they have continued to show up. I make wicked good brownies.

I wish I could predict that the last four days of the month are going to feature a redeeming spurt of activity, but USA Network is running a "House" marathon tomorrow, and there's turkey to be eaten. Let's not hold our breath for my comeback.

I don't want my own appalling shortcomings to diminish what the rest of the Teem has done this month, and I also don't want to give the impression that we have not had fun. On the contrary, the Teem has exhibited a brilliant combination of talent and humor. Rehearsals have been a real bright spot in the sometimes gloomy past few weeks. The band has lifted me up.
Ann works hard. Ann plays hard. When necessary, Ann plays hard in her work clothes.


Other times, Ann plausibly passes for a rock star, although maybe not a drummer.


We are having one final rehearsal on Sunday, the 30th. We have some serious problems to fix with "All Mine" and possibly "Qualifiers." It's not worth going into details. They are problems, people, and we're going to fix them. And then we are going to cathartically rock out during whatever hours or minutes remain before the month runs out. And then we are going to go back to our regularly scheduled, other-eleven-months-of-the-year lives, and at least one of us won't be sorry to say goodbye to November, but she will be really happy that she spent part of it making crappy music with some truly extraordinary people.


Chris finally showed up with his electronic drum set! I think it looks like a Stairmaster.

No comments: