Sunday, October 28, 2007

Calendar and Discography

Today I selected the songs Know Eye Inn Teem (KEIT) will play on our album. It was a big challenge matching up band members' skills and availability with the songs we want to play. Given that there is not a single day on which every KEIT member is available, we will have to record most of the songs in layers - eg. keyboard one day, guitar the next.

Various subsets of KEIT will assemble on 17 of the 30 days in November for intense rehearsals and recording sessions.

Here is the discography for The Aluminum Album (the order will change):
1) Home Grown (Booker T. and the M.G.s)
2) Sunday Bloody Sunday (U2)
3) Eleanor Rigby (The Beatles)
4) You Know I’m No Good (Amy Winehouse)
5) Happy Together (The Turtles)
6) 6AM (Know Eye Inn Teem - an original song!)
7) I Just Called To Say I Love You (Stevie Wonder)
8) Brighter than Sunshine (Aqualung)
9) Happy, The End (Innocence Mission)

I will be tied up with work events on November 1 and 2, so rehearsals will officially begin on November 3. Until then, I will be attacking our scariest technical challenge: how are we going to record ourselves, anyway? Microphones, software, etc....I have five days to figure it out. No sweat.

1 comment:

German Grad said...

You're not crazy. You're just misunderstood. :) Next time we're in DC, we'll have to come see your band play.