Monday, October 29, 2007

You May Be Right, I May Be Crazy...

With a few days to go before rehearsals begin, this seems like a good opportunity to illustrate the shocking prejudice that Know Eye Inn Teem must overcome to accomplish our goal of recording an album in one month. So here goes: after I invited all my local friends to be part of the band, I got a series of responses that affectionately suggested I am bananas. Yes! They did! An anonymous sampling, for your amusement:

"GOOD LUCK, NUT CASE!!!!!"

"There is a bit of fun in watching friends slip fantastically towards a wonder bucket of insanity."

"Jennie -- I think you're a little bit crazy in the head. I like that about you."


Not to worry; this sort of allusion to our compromised mental health only makes us more determined. We wouldn't be the first rock stars to suggest that "it just may be a lunatic you're looking for."

I am looking into getting a used Mac laptop from someone on Craigslist, so I can use GarageBand software to record The Aluminum Album.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do wish you all luck. And I'd never call you a "nut case". ;)

Anonymous said...

P.S. It's Tanya. Hit the "post" button thingy a little too fast...

Anonymous said...

I am not musical though I can move to the rythm. I used to play or play at a trombone. I am not adventurous though I have found myself on a dark and stormy night behind a boat. And, now....I found you. Though I won't join you. I think I am going to enjoy the encroaching cold of this November, enamored with the glow of creative destruction in a basement in NE. I am looking forward to the climax of this November adventure, from a distance perhaps, when the Aluminum Album is cut and the band plays no more. Play on There's no Eye in Teem; I'll be listening.

Unknown said...

You can't sing "Happy, the End" without me!!!

Chad said...

I have just informed Cerin that I am her personal groupy. I want to marry her, she is so cool (and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a RAGING homosexual, so this is HUGE). I'm going to start writing Mr. Chad Wallace-Lindgrensavage all over my notebooks (in case you were wondering, cool kids hyphenate).

Ros said...

Heeeeeeeee. Jennie! Are you trying to tell me that instead of writing a novel for Nanowrimo, you're going to record an album with a band, both of which contain gratuitous reference points to one of your previous novels?

You have now become a true writer.

I wish I was close enough to join in on the fun! My recorder skills are mad. I'm pretty sure I can play at least two songs from the soundtrack of The Mission.

(This is Agnes, btw. Evidently, I have a blogger account that I don't remember setting up. And I'm too lazy to log out.)