Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Miracle Button

Big, BIIIIIIIIGGGGGG sigh of relief: I just figured out how to fix our 11th-hour technical problem. I was messing around with "You Know I'm No Good," and I realized that depending on which cute icon I pick for each track, I can make it sound different. And here I was just choosing the icons based on how pretty they were! I was especially fond of the red guitar.

Anyway, I used the icon button to make KEIT sound really awesome on that song, and then moved on to "Sunday Bloody Sunday," which had a volume problem from the beginning because we recorded it live so a lot of us were aiming sound waves at the microphone simultaneously. I was scrolling through the icons and settled on one called "Live Performance" (actually just a silhouette of a man's head; not pretty at all), and poof! Volume problem solved.

The implications for my two troubled keyboard tracks were immediately evident. I opened up "Brighter Than Sunshine," clicked the miracle button, and held my breath.

And it worked!!!

I am so excited, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to sleep.

No comments: