Sunday, December 9, 2007

All Songs Are Go!

I finished assembling all the remaining songs tonight and exported them to iTunes to be copied onto the 100 CDs I bought at Target this morning. I haven't finalized the song order yet, though. I do know that it will start with "6AM," our strongest song, and end with our weakest, "You Know I'm No Good." There are a total of seven songs.

I had been procrastinating on finalizing "You Know I'm No Good" because when I put all its tracks together last weekend, I was alarmed to find that it simply did not contain enough music. It sounded like it needed more instruments and more musicians. There was one part of the song where no one was playing anything, except the percussion! Desperate times call for desperate measures, so I whipped out the kazoo tonight and did a little filling in. It sounds bad, of course, but not as bad as I had feared. It will have to do. I am counting on the fact that many listeners will be so put off by the mediocrity of the first six songs that they won't even still be listening by song number seven!

Incidentally, I can't help noticing that Amy Winehouse was nominated for six Grammies, yet Know Eye Inn Teem only snagged five nominations. What gives?

Just kidding. Actually we only received four Grammy nominations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) I hope I am on the CD distribution list - even though I don't live in the DC area.
2) Try taking more drugs and drinking more alcohol as a group. My research shows that the number of Grammy nominations has a direct correlation to drug/alcohol abuse...