Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Aluminum Album Proceeds In Slow Motion

Some of the urgency went out of finishing the album today as we learned that logistical considerations would prevent us from holding an album release party on December 10. I confess that I was relieved as much as disappointed. I was starting to freak out about the party.

The album is close to done, however. Technical unpredictabilities necessitated the re-recording of the vocals on "Brighter Than Sunshine" by KEIT Guest Recording Artist Jamie Bellis, who did a lovely job at 10 PM on Monday. Then Mic's unflagging willingness to take on Stevie Wonder prompted him to volunteer for yet another keyboard track on "I Just Called To Say I Love You" last night. This wasn't even at my request. I told him I was happy with it as it was, but he was very keen, in true Know Eye Inn Teem spirit. We've got keenness going for us.

Absent the need to frantically mix tracks and obtain CDs and CD cases and copy songs to the CDs and produce a CD insert and get color copies and cut them down to 4.75 inches squared and promote a massive party and figure out beer and food and obtain a microphone for a live performance, things have slowed blissfully down. Tonight, on the way home from work, I stopped at Home Depot and spent a good ten minutes just sniffing Christmas trees (they smell so good), then I came home and put on fleece and watched an hour and a half of television. You could look at this as a sign that I am single and pathetic, or you could look at it as a sign that I am relishing my newfound free time.

Here is a sneak peak at the cover of The Aluminum Album:


No comments: