Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Freaking Lasers

This evening I started recording the songs onto CDs. This went swell the first few times, but with the fourth disc, I started getting an error message indicating that "the device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media," whatever that means. It is as if Dr. Evil sent a school of sharks with laser beams on their heads swimming around my iMac.

I have a portable CD, um, thing (what are they called?) that I have plugged into my desktop computer because its built-in CD thing also conked out at one point, so I plugged the portable thing into my iMac and proceeded. It works great, but takes about 5 minutes per disc. So with 96 discs remaining, that translated to 8 hours of recording.

If anyone has bright ideas about speeding this up, I'm all ears. So far I have recorded a whopping 11 discs.

And no, I still don't have the CD inserts printed. It is frustrating to finally have the darned songs all ready to go and yet be mired in the logistics, twelve days into December.

The good news is that none of these issues impairs my ability to go to holiday parties and brag about my album. So I'm doing plenty of that.

No comments: